Our app trains volunteer advocates to accompany survivors as they navigate emergency health care around the world.
Our free and open source Rape Crisis Counseling app is an adaptation of the training that US-based rape crisis centers provide their volunteers. The app gives anyone with access to a smartphone the guidance they need to ensure that sexual assault survivors receive the emergency medical care they need. Guided by the Digital Principles, Code Innovation is leading a global coalition of human rights and women's health organizations in the co-design of the resource.
What We built
- A free and open source training primer for volunteer Rape Crisis Counselors.
- Can be used in-hand by survivors and their advocates.
- Clear design and interface supports just-in-time learning at the health center.
- Resources & Forms for the health center to do a forensic evidence examination.
- Content includes safety planning for survivors of intimate partner violence.
- Advocacy strategies for communities with special considerations.